Thursday, December 6, 2012

Arena Ride #......

Well it would have been arena ride # 2 but I chose not to take Danny down on Sunday.

When I went out to get him, his stringhalt leg seemed to be just a tad swollen. There is no heat and he seems to be putting weight on it just fine, but if he strained it when he landed toe down with me on him, then I want to give it time to rest.

Of course I will say that no sooner did I remove the halter and turn him loose, but he proceeded to race around the pasture as fast as he could go.  Not once or twice but about ten times.  So I am guessing he is feeling ok.

I actually have two days I can ride this weekend, so I'm thinking he will go again, but this time while I am on him we will keep it at a trot.  No since pushing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment